- Sample Type – Blood
- Reporting is Same Day/Next Day or advance test may take upto 72 hours from the test schedule.
- Fasting is Required for minimum 9 hours before the test schedule
FOLLICLE-STIMULATING HORMONE ( FSH )
Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) is an important part of the reproductive system. It’s responsible for the growth of ovarian follicles. Follicles produce estrogen and progesterone in the ovaries and help maintain the menstrual cycles in women. In men, FSH is a part of the development of the gonads as well as sperm production.
LUTEINIZING HORMONE ( LH )
Luteinizing hormone (LH) is an important hormone both men and women produce. This hormone is known as a gonadotropin, and it affects the sex organs in both men and women. For women, it affects ovaries, and in men, it affects the testes. LH plays a role in puberty, menstruation, and fertility.
Prolactin is produced by the pituitary gland in the brain. It’s also known as PRL or lactogenic hormone. Prolactin is mainly used to help women produce milk after childbirth.
Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone Test ( TSH )
- The thyroid gland helps regulate many important processes in your body, including metabolism. It’s controlled by the thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH).
- A TSH test measures the amount of TSH in your blood. Your doctor may order the test if you’re showing symptoms of a thyroid disorder.
- The results of a TSH test can confirm a diagnosis and help your doctor determine an effective treatment plan for a particular condition.
ESTRADIOL (E2 )
Estradiol helps with the growth and development of female sex organs, including the:
- Fallopian tubes
Estradiol helps to control the way fat is distributed in the female body. It’s also essential for bone and joint health in females.
Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate – DHEAS
It may be measured when a woman presents with signs and symptoms such as amenorrhea, infertility, and/or those related to virilization. These changes vary in severity and may include:
- A deeper voice
- Excess facial or body hair (hirsutism)
- Male pattern baldness
- Enlargement of the Adam’s apple
- Decreased breast size
It may also be ordered when a young girl shows signs of virilization or when a female infant has external genitalia that are not distinctly male or female in appearance